Gorilla Watching Rules for Uganda Visitors
To protect the gorillas and visitors, the following rules must be adhered to:
- No one with a communicable disease, such as flu or diarrhea, is allowed to visit the gorillas.
- Do not surround the gorillas but remain in a tight group.
- Leave a distance of at least 5m between you and the gorilla. If they approach you, move back slowly.
- Flash photography is strictly forbidden.
- Do not eat or smoke with 200m of the gorilla.
- f you need to sneeze or cough, turn away from the gorillas and cover your nose and mouth.
Do not spit on vegetation or soil while in the park.
When with the gorillas, avoid making loud noises or sudden movement.
Contact time with the gorilla is strictly limited one hour.
No person under 15 years is allowed to track gorillas.
All litter must be removed from the park for disposal.