The Buhoma sector is the most known of all the four sectors location given that it was the first to be developed for gorilla tourism. The region is spectacular and there are lots of interesting things to see within the area. There are three gorilla families that have been habituated for tracking in the sector. There are;
- Mubare and
There are several trails developed within Buhoma and these include;
- the Munyanga River Trails – Walk in the forest and explore the valley of Buhoma. Are you interested in viewing birds and primates? You can easily see birds and primates along the tropical forest edges.
- The waterfall trail – Another amazing trail developed in Bwindi Impenetravble National Park. A guided trail passes you beneath tree ferns, epiphytic ferns as well as orchids to visit three dazzling waterfalls.
- The Rushura Hill Trail – This trail passes tourists through one forest shared by two countries. You can enjoy sightseeing on a clear day of Lakes Edward and George, the famed Rwenzori Mountains as well as the conical peaks of the Virunga Volcanoes.
- Muzabajiro Loop Trail – a wonderful trail of 6 kilometres around a hill, You can encounter primates and birds as well as get clear views of the Virungas.
- The River Ivi Trail – The trail follows an old road through the forest, emerging near Nkuringo on the southern edge of the impenetrable forest.
Other Things to Do
- The Buhoma community walk
- Cultural performances
- Visit a typical homestead, the traditional healer and a banana beer brewery
- Enjoy the Batwa cultural experience